Prevention is better than cure, it’s a no brainer.
The time and effort spent in preventing injuries pays off in the long run. Less time off training with an injury = more time to train and get better, less time being off work and unable to play with family and help around the home or if you have staff the not having staff off work and being unproductive. It is also cheaper as well as you are not spending more time in our physio clinic getting better.
So what can our Taupo physiotherapists offer to prevent injuries in the first place whether it is work place injury prevention, prevention of training injuries or knowing what to do to prior to starting a new sport or activity.
1. Work place pre employment fitness testing. Let us design a battery of fitness tests that are specific to your work place and test prospective employees prior to taking them on. You don’t want to put someone in a position or job that they are not capable of doing. Preventing the injury in the first place by screening prospective employees saves you TIME and MONEY as you are not dealing with the issues associated with work place injuries and the time and money required to treat and rehabilitate the worker, let alone the lost production for your business. Also no company wants to take on a staff member and potentially cause them a permanent injury.
2. Muscle imbalance assessments carried out prior to starting a big training load for example; Ironman,Trail running, any sport – you name it if you are about to start training get assessed to see what muscle weaknesses you have or tightness in muscles so that we can give you some training exercises and stretches and ensure that your training program is appropriate for your current level of conditioning.
3. Whether training hard for an event or working hard at work in repetitive or hard physical positions means injuries are highly likely so come and get some stretches and exercises to do while at work to prevent the injury.
4. Regular massage while costly is better than the weeks off work or training – depending on how much training or what type of work then some preventative massages and stretching exercises on a fortnightly or monthly basis will prevent this occurring in the first place.
5. If you are uncertain about anything you are doing around the house / garden / sport and work then come with the questions or concerns and our Taupo physio team will send you away with some advice, stretches and exercises to ensure you don’t need to come back.